- "The Grand Design never intended a child with this much power to be born. It is the reason the Elders objected to the love you and Leo share. Nobody can handle that much power without being corrupted by it."
- —The Angel of Destiny
The Once and Future Evil is an independent story that takes place in the year 2018. It sets up several storylines for the Legacy series that takes place years later.
- Timeline: the year 2018
When 15-year old Wyatt starts losing control over his growing powers, an old enemy sees it as an opportunity to steal them. Meanwhile the future looks darker than ever when the next generation travels back in time to warn the sisters.
- Returning Characters
- Introducing Characters
- Melinda Halliwell (as a child)
- Prue Halliwell (as a child)
- Penny Halliwell (as a child)
- Payton Halliwell (as a child)
- Laura Mitchell (as a child)
- Grace Mitchell (as a child)
- Henry Mitchell Jr. (as a child)
- Future Chris
- Future Melinda
- Future Prue
- Future Wyatt
- The Seer
- Unnamed Dark Priest, a demon working for Nomed, who was vanquished by future Wyatt.
- Demonic Guards, these demons guarded the manor in the alternate future, though most were vanquished.
- Power Brokers, a group of demons trading powers, which were vanquished by future Wyatt.
- Cloaked Demon, a demon who was seen meeting with the Seer.
- Trevor, a friend of Wyatt.
- Melissa, a girl who had a crush on Wyatt.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- The title is a reference to King Arthur, the once and future king as well as the past life of Wyatt Halliwell.
- The story contains many references to "Chris-Crossed" and other events in season 6, such as Gideon's attempt to kill Wyatt.
- In both alternate futures, Chris travels back in time to save his brother.
- The same Angel of Destiny appears that appeared during the Ultimate Battle.
- It is revealed that the Twice-Blessed prophecy holds no true meaning.
- It is revealed that despite all attempts to prevent it, Wyatt turning evil was unavoidable, as no being was meant to possess that much power, ensuring it would ultimately corrupt him.
- Piper and the Angel of Destiny briefly discuss using The Hollow to take Wyatt's powers, though both agreed it was too dangerous.
- Piper ultimately stabs her son with Excalibur, destroying his powers and the sword in the process. While future Wyatt is vanquished, teenage Wyatt is healed in time by Paige.
- The Elders decide to restore a portion of Wyatt's powers, as they still believed he has a destiny as a witch and a Whitelighter.
| Preceded by:|
|Story Overview|| Followed by:|
Four Witches and a Funeral