Early 6th century
Morrigan, formally known as The Morrigan, is a powerful demonic sorceress who was the arch-nemesis to King Arthur and his kingdom in ancient times. She is reborn in modern times by infusing part of her essence to his soul, which was reborn as Wyatt Halliwell.
The Morrigan was once a powerful demonic sorceress who terrorized the kingdom of Albion, ruled by King Arthur. She encountered the King many times and was responsible for the death of his mentor Merlin and the capture of his knight Percival, whom she enslaved with her dark magic.
At some point in time, Morrigan became aware of Arthur's future life and began to plot her return. She brew a potion that would tie her essence to Arthur's soul. She proceeded to manipulate Morgana into giving him the potion by revealing Percival was still alive. However, the potion eventually found its way into the hands of Guinevere. She then tricked Arthur into drinking the potion when he would not allow her and Lancelot to be together.
When Morrigan faced Arthur on the battlefield, she revealed her plan. Due to the potion, their lives were connected, meaning that if one died, the other would die as well. This would allow Morrigan to return once Arthur was reborn. Morrigan was then fatally stabbed with Excalibur by Lancelot. With Morrigan vanquished, her army was defeated and the men she had enslaved were freed.
When Wyatt Halliwell, the reincarnation of Arthur, reached the same age as his past life, Morrigan was returned from the wasteland. She enslaved a Raptor Demon and had him steal the Urn of Asar, containing the essence of the Source of All Evil, whom she referred to as an old rival.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Ash Teleportation: The ability to teleport through ashes.
- Apportation: The ability to teleport objects or living beings from one location to another.
- Luring: The ability to magically draw in, seduce or enthrall other beings. Morrigan can enslave the minds of men.
- Premonition: The ability to perceive visions of the past, present and future.
- Shapeshifting: The ability to alter one's physical form into that of another person or animal.
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects and beings with the mind.
- Plant Manipulation: The ability to manipulate plant-life. Morrigan can control plants and use vines to ensnare her enemies.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
- Immortality: The ability to possess a possibly infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Morrigan is partially based on the character Morgana from the series Merlin, also portrayed by Katie McGrath.
- She is also based on the Morrigan from Irish mythology.
- Morrigan is mentioned by Arthur Cobbs in "Chosen Chapter 11: House Party".