Princess of the Enchanted Kingdom
Dated Henry Mitchell Jr. (formerly)
Once Upon a Time
- "Dude, we’re living in the twenty-first century. Girls can take care of themselves."
- —Tess to Sean Keller.
Tess is the human alias of Thistle, a Fairy Princess from the Enchanted Kingdom. She came to the mortal world to experience human life and to escape the responsibilities of becoming ruler of her kingdom.
As a Princess, Thistle grew up with her entire life planned out for her. She was expected to take claim the throne upon reaching adulthood and was trained and prepared her entire life. However, Thistle resented this, as she wanted to be free.
Meeting the Charmed OnesEdit
In 2000, Thistle became curious about the mortal world and became friends with a young girl named Kate. However, she was followed by evil Trolls, who began to terrorize them. Using Fairy Dust, the Trolls then turned Kate into a Fairy and abducted them both. However, the Charmed Ones managed to save them and vanquished the Trolls. Thistle then returned to her kingdom.
Decades later, Thistle was about to become an adult by Fairy standards and was expected to claim the throne. However, she freaked out and decided to run, wanting to experience human life and freedom. She used Fairy Dust to give herself human form and took the name Tess.
Tess initially lived on the streets, where she was attacked by a homeless man who tried to force himself on her. She hit him with Fairy Dust, causing him to start hallucinating. Seeing an opportunity, Tess experimented with her dust to create a drug called Pixie Dust, allowing to make money to build a life for herself.
Tess then began attending Baker High School to experience humanity first-hand. However, she was followed by a nest of Goblins, who attached themselves to a bullied kid named Neal. Tess met Henry Jr. during a party and they were attracted to each other. However, when students were mysteriously attacked, Henry began to suspect Tess due to the fact she arrived around the same time. While searching the school for Tommy Jackson, Henry confronted Tess and she told him about her true identity.
Tess revealed she knew Goblins were behind it all and helped fight them off and ultimately banish them. She and Henry agreed to keep seeing each other, though neither consider it a serious relationship.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Flight: The ability to defy gravity and propel oneself through the air. In her human form, Tess does not have her wings.
- Invisibility: The ability to make oneself unseen by the naked eye. Tess cannot use this ability in her human form.
- Sensing: The ability to determine the location and status of other beings by concentrating on them. Fairies can sense if others are good or evil.
- Photokinesis: The ability to generate and control light. In her human form, Tess can generate powerful blasts of light.
- Longevity: The ability to possess a longer lifespan and age at a slower rate than other beings.
Through Fairy Dust
- Cloaking: The ability to magically hide one's presence and activities from others.
- Size Manipulation: The ability to manipulate the size of oneself, objects or other beings.
- Transformation: The ability to transform objects and beings into something else.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Scout Taylor-Compton first portrayed Thistle in the Season 3 episode "Once Upon a Time" and proceeded to portray various Fairies across the rest of the series.