In 2004, the Charmed Ones went after a hive of Swarm Demons and discovered they could only destroy the hive by vanquishing the king. Phoebe was later kidnapped by the demons after becoming possessed by the karma of Mata Hari, who briefly joined forces with the demons until she was dispossessed. The sisters then vanquished the king with a Power of Three spell.
A hive of Swarm Demons inhabited Survivor Island, a tropical island the warlock Bacarra used as the setting for his revival of "Witch Wars". Their King later revealed they were sent there as prisoners. They built themselves a settlement and capture other prisoners to compete in battle for the King's entertainment. The Swarm Demons managed to capture Billie and Jake.
The Swarm King made a wager with Billie and forced Jake to fight his champion in the pit. With a little magical help, Jake was able to defeat his opponent and the King informed them about the island. He then tried to betray them, but was vanquished by a Darklighter before he could, thus vanquishing his entire hive.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Shimmering: The ability to teleport through a shimmer.
- Fire Balls: The ability to throw spheres of fire.
- Telepathy: The ability to communicate mentally. The drones share a minor telepathic connection to each other and their King, allowing them to fuction in a hive-like structure where the King is dominant.
- Genesis: The ability to create lesser beings or minions from one's body. The King is capable of spawning drones from his own flesh.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm. The King is more resistant to harm than his drones. When he is vanquished, the entire hive is destroyed.
- Charmed, season 6, "Used Karma"
- Chosen Chapter 5: Witch Wars, Survivor Island