Paige Matthews (daughter)
Guiding good witches and future Whitelighters
In love with Patty Halliwell (formerly)
The Lost Picture Show
Samuel "Sam" Wilder is a Whitelighter and the father of Paige Matthews. Sam fell in love with one of his charges, Patty Halliwell, who was still married to Victor Bennett at the time. As their relationship was forbidden by the Elders, they kept it a secret. After her divorce, Patty discovered she was pregnant and gave birth to Paige. As they feared reaction of the Elders, the couple decided to give the baby up for adoption to protect her and her sisters.
After Patty's death, Sam clipped his wings and became mortal, trying to protect others from the demon that killed the woman he loved. He met the Charmed Ones and sacrificed himself to vanquish the demon, allowing him to move on to the afterlife with Patty. He was later restored as a Whitelighter and was finally given a chance to meet his daughter Paige.
Falling in Love with PattyEdit
Relationship with PaigeEdit
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Orbing: The ability to teleport through use of orbs.
- Sensing: The ability to determine the location and status of other beings by concentrating on them. Whitelighters have a telepathic and empathic connection to their charges, allowing them to sense when their charges are calling them or when they are hurt.
- Cloaking: The ability to magically hide one's presence and activities from others. Whitelighters can hide their charges from the forces of evil.
- Healing: The ability to heal the injuries of other beings. Whitelighters cannot heal the dead, evil beings or self-inflicted wounds.
- Glamouring: The ability to assume the appearance of another person by creating a glamour around the body.
- Hovering: The ability to rise off the ground and hover with or without the use of orbs.
- Photokinesis: The ability to generate and control light and magical orbs.
- Omnilingualism: The ability to understand and speak any language without prior knowledge. Whitelighters possess a limited form of this power, allowing them to speak the language of charges only when communicating with them.
- Reconstitution: The ability to reform the body after it has been destroyed.
- Immortality: The ability to possess a possibly infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
- Patty Halliwell (Deceased)
- Charmed, season 2, "P3 H20"
- Charmed, season 5, "Sam I Am"
- Charmed, season 8, "The Lost Picture Show"