Engaged to Nadia
- "Her name is Nadia. I met her while exploring a sunken human ship. She was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. I could instantly feel my heart warm up."
- —Ridley to Violet.
Ridley met Nadia while exploring the seas and they fell in love. They wanted to run away together and live on land, as their own kind would not understand. Nadia stole a couple of bracelets from a Sea Hag that would grant them human legs. However, before they could run away, Nadia was captured by Bryant and Harper, who wanted to obtain her immortality.
Ridley went to find help and ended up in San Francisco, where he sensed powerful magic. He lured Violet to the docks and asked her for help. When the Chosen realized the wizards had help finding the merpeople, Ridley tracked the Sea Hag and they confronted her. Before she was vanquished, the hag revealed that the wizards planned to obtain Auger Shells from Atlantis, so Ridley led them there.
After arriving on Atlantis and splitting up, Ridley's group was attacked by Harper, though Ridley resisted her power and knocked her out. After obtaining her location, Ridley was reunited with his love and the other merpeople were freed.
Duncan then enchanted some rings that would grant them legs. By selling some of their underwater treasure, they were able to get an apartment and Ridley got a job. They stopped by to thank the Chosen and Nadia informed them that Ridley had proposed to her.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Super Strength: The ability to possess physical strength beyond humanly possible.
- Super Speed: The ability to move at superhuman speeds. Merpeople can swim at superhuman speeds.
- Sensing: The ability to determine the location and status of other beings by concentrating on them.
- Luring: The ability to magically draw in, seduce or enthrall other beings. Merpeople can lure other beings with their music.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm. Merpeople are especially resistant to extreme temperatures.
- Immortality: The ability to possess a possibly infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.