- "We're not going to actually release it, right? I don't really want to be responsible for a genocide or whatever."
- —Ramsey to his father.
Ramsey Tate is wizard and a microbiologist. He was recruited straight out of Harvard Medical by Amanda Freeman to work on the virus against magical beings. However, he was actually a mole sent by his father Ambrose to obtain the virus.
Ambrose recruited Ramsey during his teens and paid for his Harvard education. Through unknown means, Ambrose set up events that led to Ramsey being recruited by Amanda Freeman to work on the virus. Ramsey worked in a secret laboratory to perfect the virus and was provided all he needed, though he was not allowed to leave. Meanwhile, he ensured that the virus would not affect anyone with Wizard DNA.
When Agent Murphy learned about the virus, he told the Chosen and they decided to break into the lab to destroy the virus. During a struggle between them and the demon Margoyle, who was kept in the lab as test subject, Ramsey stole the virus and escaped. When Ramsey brought the virus to his father, he expressed concern about using it, as he did not want to play a part of a genocide. Ambrose falsely assured him that the virus would only be used as a threat.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Spiralization: The ability to teleport through swirling blue spirals.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.