Journalist at The Bay Mirror
Prue Halliwell is the oldest daughter of Phoebe Halliwell and her husband Coop, born in 2007. She is the older sister of Penny and Payton Halliwell and the younger half-sister of Julian Turner. Prue is the first born Cupid-Witch hybrid in existence. She is named after her late aunt Prudence Halliwell.
Prue was foreseen long before she was born. Phoebe first learned the would have a daughter when she took a spirit quest, which also revealed to her that Chris was her nephew. Phoebe then became obsessed with finding the right man and have her baby, which eventually caused her to lose her active powers for a while at the hands of The Tribunal. Phoebe then let it rest, but her desire to have a child remained strong.
Phoebe learned she was pregnant with Prue six months after the Ultimate battle, when she and her sisters freed Magic School with help from Billie. Phoebe eventually gave birth to a healthy girl and named her after her late sister Prue.
At the age of eleven, Prue was as beautiful as her mother and had dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. In high school, Prue was a popular cheerleader and had good grades. Her sister Penny described her as "little miss perfect".
At the age of twenty-two, Prue has graduated from college majoring in journalism. She had a summer internship in LA and graduated top of her class. She applied for a job as a journalist at The Bay Mirror, but was turned down as the man who interviewed her had a grudge against her mother.
During a family dinner, the Spirit of Rage Darius infected everyone with rage, causing a huge fight. Prue confronted her mother and blamed her for what happened, telling her that everything revolved around Phoebe. However, at that time, Penny accused Prue of being exactly the same. The sisters then fought until it was revealed they were being manipulated. When later the Woogyman appeared, Prue and Penny were the only ones who remembered a rhyme their mother taught them and used it to vanquish the Woogyman.
Prue later reconciled with her family and her mother told her she needed to go back to the paper and demand a fair chance. Prue later helped in vanquishing the resurrected Shax and confronted the cloaked demon, who revealed himself as the Source. Later, Prue decided to move back home as her parents were going on a tour to promote Phoebe's book, so Payton would not be alone. Prue went back to the Bay Mirror and demanded a fair chance, at which point she was hired.
Prue later faced a Spirit Killer during her first interview and became his target when she stopped his kill. During this time, she and her sisters also met their new Whitelighter Noah, though they were reluctant to accept him.
Source of All FearEdit
When Prue had an interview with a young woman named Caroline, she suddenly felt a sadness come over her. She then noticed a young man looking at them and realized he was a spirit. After talking to him, she decided to help him. Prue and Matt then visited Caroline, who revealed that she had moved on a long time ago, though she had truly cared aout Matt. A heartbroken Matt then disappeared.
Prue was later attacked by Barbas along with the rest of her family and thrown in the basement, where she was confronted with her fear of snakes. Matt appeared at the manor and helped Prue confront her fear. By trusting in Matt, Prue was able to confront her fear and realize that the snakes were not real. They then checked on her cousins and helped them defeat their fears as well.
The following day, Matt appeared at Prue's apartment and revealed that the true reason he could not move on, was because he was not ready to give up on life. They then made a deal they would spend a week togther so Matt could enjoy life, after which he promised he would cross over. Prue was conflicted, as she worried about her feelings for him, but agreed to give him one week.
In a dark future where Wyatt turned evil, Prue was one of the last remaining members of the resistance against him, along with Chris and Melinda. She traveled back in time with her cousins to prevent Wyatt from turning evil. When the Wyatt of their timeline joined them in the past, Prue was killed by one of his energy blasts and faded away. When their timeline was altered, Prue's death would never happen in the new timeline.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate beings or objects with a crystal and a map.
- Beaming: The ability to teleport through a pink light originating from the heart.
- Empathy: The ability to sense the emotions of other beings.
- Power Channeling: The ability to take control of the magical powers of other beings once and only if they are activated by the original user. Prue can use this to neutralize or deflect magical attacks used against her.
- Power Replication: The ability to temporarily use the powers of other beings. By channeling a demon, Prue was able to create a Fire Ball.
- Psionic Blasts: The ability to fire blasts of psychic energy from the mind. These blasts are raw emotion turned into energy, capable of causing mental pain or knocking a person uconscious.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Prue has a fear of snakes and bugs. However, her biggest fear is losing her family.
- Her past life was Lady Morgana.
- She was popular in high school and was a cheerleader.
- Prue applied for a job a The Bay Mirror using the last name "Cooper", a reference to her father.
- Charmed, season 7, "Witchness Projection" (premonition)
- Charmed, season 8, "Hulkus Pocus" and "Forever Charmed " (premonition and flash forward)
- The Closing Chapter (Phoebe learns she is pregnant through a premonition)
- The Once and Future Evil (As a child and alternate timeline version)
- Legacy Series