Journalist at The Bay Mirror
Prue was foreseen long before she was born. Phoebe first learned the would have a daughter when she took a spirit quest, which also revealed to her that Chris was her nephew. Phoebe then became obsessed with finding the right man and have her baby, which eventually caused her to lose her active powers for a while at the hands of The Tribunal. Phoebe then let it rest, but her desire to have a child remained strong.
Phoebe learned she was pregnant with Prue six months after the Ultimate battle, when she and her sisters freed Magic School with help from Billie. Phoebe eventually gave birth to a healthy girl and named her after her late sister Prue.
At the age of eleven, Prue was as beautiful as her mother and had dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. In high school, Prue was a popular cheerleader and had good grades. Her sister Penny described her as "little miss perfect".
At the age of twenty-two, Prue has graduated from college majoring in journalism. She had a summer internship in LA and graduated top of her class. She applied for a job as a journalist at The Bay Mirror, but was turned down as the man who interviewed her had a grudge against her mother.
During a family dinner, the Spirit of Rage Darius infected everyone with rage, causing a huge fight. Prue confronted her mother and blamed her for what happened, telling her that everything revolved around Phoebe. However, at that time, Penny accused Prue of being exactly the same. The sisters then fought until it was revealed they were being manipulated. When later the Woogyman appeared, Prue and Penny were the only ones who remembered a rhyme their mother taught them and used it to vanquish the Woogyman.
Prue later reconciled with her family and her mother told her she needed to go back to the paper and demand a fair chance. Prue later helped in vanquishing the resurrected Shax and confronted the cloaked demon, who revealed himself as the Source. Later, Prue decided to move back home as her parents were going on a tour to promote Phoebe's book, so Payton would not be alone. Prue went back to the Bay Mirror and demanded a fair chance, at which point she was hired.
Prue later faced a Spirit Killer during her first interview and became his target when she stopped his kill. During this time, she and her sisters also met their new Whitelighter Noah, though they were reluctant to accept him.
Source of All FearEdit
When Prue had an interview with a young woman named Caroline, she suddenly felt a sadness come over her. She then noticed a young man looking at them and realized he was a spirit. After talking to him, she decided to help him. Prue and Matt then visited Caroline, who revealed that she had moved on a long time ago, though she had truly cared aout Matt. A heartbroken Matt then disappeared.
Prue was later attacked by Barbas along with the rest of her family and thrown in the basement, where she was confronted with her fear of snakes. Matt appeared at the manor and helped Prue confront her fear. By trusting in Matt, Prue was able to confront her fear and realize that the snakes were not real. They then checked on her cousins and helped them defeat their fears as well.
The following day, Matt appeared at Prue's apartment and revealed that the true reason he could not move on, was because he was not ready to give up on life. They then made a deal they would spend a week togther so Matt could enjoy life, after which he promised he would cross over. Prue was conflicted, as she worried about her feelings for him, but agreed to give him one week.
Halliwell Family Values Edit
Payton realized that Prue had feelings for Matt, and cast a spell to give him a solid body. However, since she had used magic to make a personal gain, she found herself transformed into a ghost. Prue wanted to reverse the spell, but Peyton convinced her to enjoy a day with Matt.
Soon after, Prue discovered that Chris had summoned all the cousins to the manor and went there. When Chris said he had a plan to defeat the Source, Prue decided to listen to his idea before deciding what to do. The idea of calling the Nexus initially seemed too risky, but after learning that her mother had returned to the city, saying nothing to anyone, and that she was in the underworld with the Source, she decided to put it into practice.
Prue was shocked to know that the idea of recalling the Nexus was of the Seer, but Wyatt persuaded them to proceed since the necessary spell was the work of the Elders. When the cousins recalled the Nexus, Prue took care of the wood element. She and Penny used a spell to summon Phoebe and the Source, they also tried to use another spell to eliminate the Source, but they were stopped by Phoebe, who revealed that the Source owned the son she believed to have lost.
Prue was upset, and ran away completely unable to elaborate what he had discovered. Back home Matt admitted that it was never going to work and that it was best to say goodbye, so they would not hurt each other. He later moved on after Prue had fallen asleep.
With Mortals Like This Edit
Days later, Prue was still confused and upset after hearing about Julian's existence. Sometimes she wondered what it would be like to grow up with an older brother, but every time she threw away the thought, and was convinced that after all those years of possession, he was no longer able to experience human emotions. While spending an evening with her sisters, Noah introduced himself and understood that he had convinced Matt to go in the afterlife, made him promise not to intrude more in her personal life.
Prue went to dinner with friends, and when all the mortals of San Francisco were possessed by the essence of the Source, her friends attacked her. Prue called Noah who brought her home where they found Payton and all three went to the manor. Prue soon became convinced that Julian could be behind everything that was going on, and Payton convinced his sisters that they would eventually have to talk to their mother.
Shortly thereafter the cousins discovered that they could not teleport, and when the mortals burst into the manor they split into two groups and fled.
Chris, Prue and Penny took refuge in a condominium, and Prue and Penny cast a spell to find Julian. Shortly thereafter the three reached the Turner Mansion, and Julian took advantage of their intrusion to attack the Wraith, which Elizabeth had collected to extract his soul.
Elizabeth easily obtained the best of the three witches, and it was only Julian's intervention that prevented her from killing them. Julian also agreed to reverse the spell to free the mortals, but insisted that nothing had changed between him and the Halliwells. Elizabeth then escaped with the essence and the Grimoire and Julian told his family to leave.
Back home, Prue wanted to talk about Julian; Penny told her to let it go, but she admitted she felt guilty about how they treated Phoebe; the latter appeared suddenly, after being called by Peyton and the four could finally try to deal with what they had discovered.
In a dark future where Wyatt turned evil, Prue was one of the last remaining members of the resistance against him, along with Chris and Melinda. She traveled back in time with her cousins to prevent Wyatt from turning evil. When the Wyatt of their timeline joined them in the past, Prue was killed by one of his energy blasts and faded away. When their timeline was altered, Prue's death would never happen in the new timeline.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate beings or objects with a crystal and a map.
- Beaming: The ability to teleport through a pink light originating from the heart.
- Empathy: The ability to sense the emotions of other beings.
- Power Channeling: The ability to take control of the magical powers of other beings once and only if they are activated by the original user. Prue can use this to neutralize or deflect magical attacks used against her.
- Power Replication: The ability to temporarily use the powers of other beings. By channeling a demon, Prue was able to create a Fire Ball.
- Psionic Blasts: The ability to fire blasts of psychic energy from the mind. These blasts are raw emotion turned into energy, capable of causing mental pain or knocking a person uconscious.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Prue's powers are all based on and connected through emotions.
- Prue has a fear of snakes and bugs. However, her biggest fear is losing her family.
- Her past life was Lady Morgana.
- Both Prue and Morgana have an older half-brother and both discovered this as adults.
- She was popular in high school and was a cheerleader.
- Prue applied for a job a The Bay Mirror using the last name "Cooper", a reference to her father.
- Charmed, season 7, "Witchness Projection" (premonition)
- Charmed, season 8, "Hulkus Pocus" and "Forever Charmed " (premonition and flash forward)
- The Closing Chapter (Phoebe learns she is pregnant through a premonition)
- The Once and Future Evil (As a child and alternate timeline version)
- Four Witches and a Funeral (cameo)
- Legacy 101: Endings and Beginnings
- Legacy 102: Dark Night Lights
- Legacy 103: The Source of All Fear
- Legacy 104: Halliwell Family Values
- Legacy 105: With Mortals Like These
- Legacy 107: Soul Searching
- Legacy 109: Witches in Camelot
- Legacy 112: Noah's Arc
- Legacy 114: P3 Times a Lady
- Legacy 115: Saving Grace