Phoebe Halliwell is the youngest daughter of Patty Halliwell and Victor Bennett. She is the younger sister of Prue and Piper Halliwell, as well as the older half-sister of Paige Matthews. Phoebe is married to Coop, a cupid, and is the mother of their three children, Prue, Penny and Payton Halliwell. She is also the mother of Julian Turner, the child she believed to had lost.
Together with her sisters, Phoebe formed the Charmed Ones, the most powerful good witches in history. While originally the youngest sister, Phoebe became the middle sister upon Prue's death and the discovery of her half-sister Paige.
The Closing ChapterEdit
Six months after the Ultimate Battle, Phoebe was happier then ever being with Coop, knowing that their love was not forbidden. However, she still had trouble letting go of Billie and what happened. Unlike her sisters, Phoebe didn't blame Billie as she knew what is what like to be manipulated into being evil. When Billie appeared at the manor to warn the sisters about Christy's return, Piper chased her off and Phoebe ran after her.
Phoebe reached out to Billie and listened to her. When she tried to comfort Billie, she suddenly regained her power of Empathy as a more powerful form, allowing her to take Billie's pain away. Meanwhile the Elders appeared at the manor and asked the Charmed Ones to reclaim Magic School. While preparing for this, Phoebe gained an Astral Premonition as she kissed Coop, which revealed to her that she was pregnant and would name her daughter Prue.
After vanquishing the demons at Magic School, the sisters discovered that Billie had been possessed by Christy. As Christy attacked, the sisters protected themselves with the Power of Three spell while Phoebe used her empathy to call out to Billie, allowing her to break free. Billie then stripped her powers and destroyed Christy in the process, as her powers were the thing that kept her alive.
In 2029, Phoebe was the author of three successful books, which had started with Finding Love. To promote her latest book, she was asked to go on a tour across the country. However, this was accidentally revealed to her daughters on a talkshow, whom she had not yet had the chance to tell.
When Payton confronted Phoebe with this fact, their negative emotions were enhanced by Darius, a Spirit of Rage. This led to a hue fight between Phoebe and her daughters. However, they later learned they were manipulated and made up. Phoebe explained how important this tour was to her, but also didn't want to let her daughters down. However, her daughters eventually gave their blessing. Phoebe was later shocked to discovered that everything that had happened had been set in motion by the resurrected Source of All Evil. She hesitated about leaving, but Coop convinced her that their daughters were old enough to take care of themselves and together, they left for New York.
Some time later, Phoebe had a horrible nightmare about her time as the Queen of the Underworld and the child she had lost. Sensing that something was wrong, she headed back to San Francisco to discover the truth. When she cast a spell, she was taken to the Underworld, where she confronted the Source of All Evil and realized it was in fact her son's body the essence was possessing.
The Source then showed her memories of the past, which revealed how he had survived and what had happened since. He then intended to sacrifice Phoebe as part of his ceremony to reclaim the Underworld. However, before he could, he was summoned by the cousins along with Phoebe. The cousins then tried to vanquish the Source, but Phoebe stopped them and instead cast a spell to free her son from the essence.
After being freed, her son took her away and revealed his name was Julian Turner. However, he told her she was not his mother and that he wanted nothing to do with her. Phoebe later revealed everything to her family. While Coop and Paige supported her, her daughters were angered and confused. A devastated Phoebe then went back to New York.
Phoebe later returned after being called by Payton after the possession crisis, at which point her daughters had time to process and could talk about it.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate beings or objects with a crystal and a map.
- Premonition: The ability to perceive visions of the past, present and future. These premonitions are often triggered through touching an object or being in a certain location. Phoebe can sometimes summon premonitions.
- Enhanced Intuition: Through her psychic abilities, Phoebe can sense upcoming danger and detect when something is wrong. Her power once allowed her to become aware of a time loop.
- Psychic Echo: The ability to form a psychic connection to other beings. This happened to be Phoebe twice, though she has no control over this aspect.
- Vision Sharing: The abiliy to share premonitions with other psychics. Kyra was able to share her vision of Utopia with Phoebe, who then shared it with Odin.
- Astral Premonition: The ability to astral project oneself into a premonition, allowing the user to interact with beings in the premonition.
- Empathy: The ability to sense the emotions of other beings. Her ability eventually became strong enough to manipulate the emotions of others, as proven when Phoebe took away Billie's pain.
- Power Channeling: The ability to take control of the magical powers of other beings once and only if they are activated by the original user. Phoebe can use this to deflect magical attacks back at her enemies.
- Power Replication: The ability to temporarily use the powers of other beings. Phoebe once replicated Piper's powers when she was turned into a Valkyrie.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
- Levitation: The ability to defy gravity and rise up into the air. Phoebe combined this with her martial arts training, making her a highly effective and agile fighter. After she was stripped of her powers due to personal gain, she lost this power and never regained it.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Between 2006 and 2029, Phoebe has written three books. The first is called "Finding Love", the second is called "Marriage and Babies" and the third is called "Cupid's Arrow". At least the first two were best-sellers.