Fling with Ronnie (formerly)
Early LifeEditAt the age of nine, Penny had lighter brown hair than her sisters and hazel eyes. Like her sisters, she inherited her mother's beauty.
In high school, Penny was not as smart or popular as her sister, but was mentioned to have slept with half the football team, having already developed a rebellious and wild personality.
At the age of twenty, Penny is known as the wild and irresponsible one of the family. She is taking classes in college, though she spent most of her time partying and sleeping with guys. However, it was revealed that this was due her insecurity due to the fact that she had not figured out her life as much as her sisters, making her feel like a screw-up. However, Phoebe revealed that she was the same at that age and that she had nothing to worry about.
Under the manipulation of the Spirit of Rage Darius, Penny fought with her family, however, they later reconciled when the truth was revealed. Penny and Prue then helped vanquish the Woogyman with a rhyme her mother had taught them and later helped vanquish Shax as well. Along with her sisters, Penny later gave her blessing to her parents for going on tour to promote Phoebe's latest book.
Penny later planned to better herself by letting go of her wild lifestyle and focusing on her studies. During the return of Barbas, Penny was confronted with her worst fear, not being able to control her power and being overwhelmed with negative thoughts. However, she quickly figured out something was wrong and concluded Barbas was behind it.
When Barbas put Wyatt and Chris in a dream world to confront them with their fears, Penny was able to use her telepathy to enter their minds and confront Barbas. She then read Wyatt's mind and discovered the secret he had been keeping for years. She was later forced to leave the dream world when Wyatt tried to kill her, though Chris later managed to get through to him and bring him back.
Halliwell Family Values Edit
Penny went to a fair with her cousin Henry. Some time later, they were approached by Payton, who had become a spirit due to the personal gain of her spell. They then received a message from Chris, asking them to meet at the manor.
When Chris revealed his plan against the Source, Penny thought it was something beyond their means. When she and her sisters learned that their mother had returned to San Francisco without telling anyone, they became worried. Payton then had a premonition and discovered that her mother was in the Underworld with the Source. This convinced Penny to support Chris's plan and she offered to create a telepathic connection to cast the spell to restore the nexus in perfect harmony. She also took care of the metal element.
Soon thereafter, she and her sister used a spell to summon Phoebe and the Source. They also tried to use another spell to eliminate the Source, but they were stopped by Phoebe, who revealed that the Source was possessing the son she believed to have lost. Penny got angry anf agreed with Chris not to welcome Julian into the family. She then left with her sisters without even looking at her mother.
With Mortals Like These Edit
Penny spent the evening with her sisters after learning the truth about Julian. She told them that she needed time to accept what happened and that she did not consider Julian a member of the family. The next morning, as she returned to college, she stopped at a bar down the street, where she met Chris. When she saw that Chris was obsessing over the new hierarchy of power in the Underworld, she told him that he needed a break and convinced him to go out with her.
Penny suffered injuries and was treated by Wyatt, and she was sure that there was Julian behind everything that was going on. But Payton convinced his sisters that in the end they would have to talk to their mother.
Shortly thereafter the cousins discovered that they could not teleport, and when the mortals burst into the manor they split into two groups and fled.
Chris, Prue and Penny took refuge in a condominium, and Prue and Penny cast a spell to find Julian. Shortly thereafter the three reached the Turner Mansion, and Julian took advantage of their intrusion to attack the Wraith, which Elizabeth had colled up to extract his soul.
Elizabeth easily got the best of the three witches, and it was only Julian's intervention that prevented her from killing them. Julian also agreed to reverse the spell to free the mortals, but insisted that nothing had changed between him and the Halliwells. Elizabeth then escaped with the essence and the Grimoire and Julian told his family members to leave and Penny did it willingly.
Back home, Prue wanted to talk about Julian; Penny told her to let it go, but the sister admitted she felt guilty about how they treated Phoebe; the latter appeared suddenly, after being called by Peyton and the four could finally try to deal with what they had discovered.
Phoebe's tour took her to Miami, and Penny and Prue went to see her.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate beings or objects with a crystal and a map.
- Telepathy: The ability to read and manipulate the minds of other beings and communicate mentally.
- Dream Leaping: The ability to enter and manipulate the dreams of other beings. Penny once entered the minds of her cousins after they were trapped in a dream world by Barbas.
- Hypnosis: The ability to put others in a trance-like state and control their actions. When Penny uses this power, her voice echoes in the mind of her targets and they become entranced, allowing her to command them to do as she desires.
- Levitation: The ability to defy gravity and rise up into the air. Much like her mother, Penny uses this power in combination with martial arts to fight demons and enhance her own agility.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Penny's powers, with the exception of Levitation, are all based on and connected through thoughts.
- Penny is deeply insecure and worried that she is a disappointment and a screw-up. One of her worst fears is not being able to control her telepathy and hearing all the negative things people are thinking about her.
- Penny was a rebellious outcast in high school, similar to her mother. She also had a reputation of sleeping around a lot.
- Charmed season 8, "Forever Charmed" (As a child)
- The Once and Future Evil (As a child)
- Four Witches and a Funeral (cameo)
- Legacy 101: Endings and Beginnings
- Legacy 102: Dark Night Lights
- Legacy 103: The Source of All Fear
- Legacy 104: Halliwell Family Values
- Legacy 105: With Mortals Like These
- Legacy 107: Soul Searching
- Legacy 111: Penny Dreadful
- Legacy 112: Noah's Arc
- Legacy 114: P3 Times a Lady