July 29th, 1985
Dating Duncan Phillips
- "You have no idea what you’re talking about. You really don’t. You grew up with a family, money, friends. You have no idea what it means to survive on your own."
- —Nathan to Duncan.
The twins were born to the witch Erin Ross and the warlock Jeremy Burns. Erin's family had turned bitter after the Salem Witch Trials and abandoned the Wiccan Rede, meaning the twins never had a Whitelighter or Familiar. Erin had a complex relationship with Jeremy, as he originally intended to kill her for her powers before she got pregnant. After she gave birth to the twins, Jeremy continued to visit and kept his enemies away from them, leading Erin to believe he had feelings for her.
When they were toddlers, the twins were attacked by Nomed under orders from The Triad, who believed they potentially were the Ultimate Power. Erin called Jeremy and was then killed with an Energy Ball. The demon offered Jeremy a choice, he could either be vanquished or leave unharmed. Not wanting to die, Jeremy chose to abandon his children. Nomed then tried to kill the twins, but they were saved by arrival of Gideon.
Gideon wanted to take the twins to Magic School, though the Elders feared the children were too tainted by evil and they were left in foster care instead. When the twins were pre-teens, they ran away from their foster home and started using their magic for crime in order to survive.
Even though the twins possess warlock blood, they were born as witches and knew they would remain so unless they committed a true act of evil, which would cost them their soul and turn them into warlocks. For this reason, they swore they would never kill and remained between good and evil.
The Gemini FactorEdit
After several years of petty crime, the twins stepped up their game and started robbing banks to get rich quickly. After robbing a bank in San Francisco, they were confronted by a warlock named Bacarra, who offered them power and a place at his side if they distracted the Chosen. As they never belonged anywhere before, the twins accepted and received powers from the warlock.
The twins then planned on distracting the Chosen by luring Billie and Duncan to P3 in an attempt to frame them for a bank robbery. However, Nathan quickly grew conflicted as he really liked Duncan. When the Chosen figured out their plan ahead of time, the twins ran to the bank and engaged in a brief fight with the Chosen. However, when the police arrived, both groups retreated.
When Nick treated his injury, Nathan noticed that Nick was acting more aggressive than usual and figured out the demonic powers were corrupting them. He managed to get through to his brother, but the twins were then confronted by Bacarra, who threatened to kill them unless they killed the Chosen instead.
Seeing no way out, the twins decided to take out the Chosen and attacked Billie and Violet. However, the girls managed to defeat them out by stopping time and using their own powers against them. Later, the Chosen interrogated the twins and learned Bacarra was behind it all. They were then surrounded by Homeland Security. Realizing that the twins were not truly evil and not wanting the government to get them, the Chosen decided to let the twins go after stripping away their demonic powers. The twins then went on the run and disappeared.
It is later revealed that Nathan and his brother went to Las Vegas, where they used their powers to make easy money gambling. It is also revealed that Nathan and Duncan are still seeing each other through Astral Projection. However, they had a fight after Nathan admitted he was using magic for personal gain. Duncan told him that he needed to figure out what he really wanted. When he later came back, he discovered the twins had left.
The twins attempted to rob the Three Wishes Casino by cheating using their powers. However, they were unaware of the magic in the casino and were exposed. They were then taken prisoner and forced to work in the casino as slaves. By pooling their telepathic powers, they were able to send a message to Duncan for help.
When the Chosen arrived, Nathan was interrogated for information until Duncan and Nick arrived to save him. However, they were knocked out by the genie Sahara and taken prisoner. When they managed to escape, they vanquished the demonic army and faced Carson Meyer, the man running the casino. After Billie obtained the bottle and destroyed the casino, the twins returned to San Francisco with the Chosen. Duncan then agreed to help them get a fresh start.
After being attacked by a Brute Demon and learning that the government is still after them, the twins and Duncan decided to appeal to the Tribunal with help from Leo Wyatt to have their slates wiped clean. This resulted in a trial where they were accused of using their magic for personal gain. Eventually, Nick and Nathan both tried to convince the Tribunal to punish one while sparing the other. The Tribunal then saw their potential for good and erased the evidence of their crimes. However, this came at the price of their active powers.
The twins later revealed their plea had been a ploy to gain sympathy by telling the Tribunal what they wanted to hear. Although not happy about it, Leo accepted it and told the twins to use the opportunity. He also gave them a file which indicated that Gideon once tried to take the twins to Magic School.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate beings or objects with a crystal and a map.
- Telepathic Twin Connection: The ability to possess a telepathic connection to his twin brother. The twins can sense each other's location and can communicate telepathically in close range.
- Telepathy: When working together, the twins can expand their telepathic range and access other aspects of this power. They can send telepathic messages, track beings over vast distances and read the minds of others.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
- Super Speed: The ability to move at superhuman speeds. This power was stripped by the Tribunal.
- Electrokinesis: The ability to generate and manipulate electricity. Nathan was granted this power by Bacarra, though it was later stripped.
- Force Field Generation: The ability to create barriers of energy that can be used to protect or contain those inside and repel enemies and magical attacks. Nathan was granted this power by Bacarra, though it was later stripped.
- The twins are inspired by the characters Aidan and Ethan in the series Teen Wolf.
- Chosen Chapter 6: The Gemini Factor
- Chosen Chapter 8: The Trial of Billie Jenkins
- Chosen Chapter 9: Viva Las Witches
- Chosen Chapter 10: Raiders of the Lost Valley
- Chosen Chapter 11: House Party
- Chosen Chapter 13: From the Deep
- Chosen Chapter 14: Past and Present Danger
- Chosen Chapter 15: We Have History