- "I will turn those they swore to protect against them. They will be powerless to stop it. They will all die without us having to raise a finger."
- —Elizabeth Turner
Legacy 105: With Mortals Like These is the fifth chapter of the Legacy Series, which focuses on the next generation of Halliwells.
- Timeline: 2029
As Julian faces a familiar face from his past, the Halliwells are targeted by possessed mortals, leaving them unable to use their magic to defend themselves. Meanwhile, Ryan considers proposing to Melinda.
- Returning Characters
- Introducing Characters
- Wraith, a demon summoned by Elizabeth Turner
- Demonic Guards, working for Elizabeth Turner
- Roxy, a mortal Chris danced with at a club before she became possessed
Notes and TriviaEdit
- The title is a pun on the saying "With friends like these, who needs enemies?".
- The story contains similarities to an issue of the Charmed comics, in which The Source of All Evil cast a spell with a warlock to turn all mortals against the Charmed Ones.
- This story deals with several plots from the previous chapter, mainly the results of Phoebe separating Julian from the evil essence.
- More is revealed about Elizabeth Turner and her intentions.
- Melinda and Ryan return and experience some developments in their relationship.
- Melinda makes a reference to a warlock killing her mother, which happened in "Four Witches and a Funeral".
- Noah reveals more about his past and intentions to Prue.
- Miss Donovan makes an appearance, having last appeared in "Carpe Demon".
- There are several references to standard possession stories, such as the quote "My name is Legion, for we are many.", as well as Henry Jr. attempting to use holy water.
- Penny jokes about brainwashing Chris which is ironic as she later gains the power of Hypnosis in "Legacy 111: Penny Dreadful".
| Preceded by:|
Legacy 104: Halliwell Family Values
|Legacy Series|| Followed by:|
Legacy 106: Nature vs Nurture