Member of the Brotherhood
A clan of Harpies was one of the many factions that Cole Turner sought to reunite under his rule as the Source of All Evil. However, in a play to gain more power, Despoina ordered one of her minions to attack the Charmed Ones. When Cole found out, he became furious that Phoebe had been injured and demanded to see the Queen. However, his assistant took the initiative to punish Despoina on her own by slicing off her hand.
Several years later, Despoina became a member of the Brotherhood to further her own goals, though she showed little loyalty to the others. She sought to use the unleashed Titan Prometheus to gain more power, and later tried to seduce him when she discovered he possessed Pandora's Box. Her seduction worked and she brought him to her lair in The Underworld. After sleeping together, the Queen convinced Prometheus to side with her and declare loyalty to her, promising love and purpose in return.
The Queen later had Hope taken hostage and ordered her Harpies to beat her up until she was willing to open the box. However, Hope kept refusing and tried to convince Prometheus that the Queen did not really love him and was only using him. The Queen managed to convince him otherwise and he attacked Hope and nearly killed her until the Chosen arrived.
The Chosen used a vanquishing spell in an attempt to vanquish the Queen and her Harpies. Prometheus intervened and saved her, though her Harpies were vanquished. The Queen, Hope and the Chosen all started to talk Prometheus into choosing a side to the point where Prometheus became overwhelmed and lost his mind. He then killed the Queen when she tried to manipulate him again by ripping out her heart.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Smoking: The ability to teleport through smoke.
- Super Strength: The ability to possess physical strength beyond humanly possible.
- Agility: The ability to possess magically enhanced agility.
- Laser Bolts: The ability to fire highly concentrated bolts of energy, capable of causing ignition or combustion upon impact.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm. Harpies can be vanquished by the Power of Three or a similar force.
- Regeneration: The ability to almost instantly heal from physical harm and injuries.
- Immunity: The ability to be immune to certain powers, spells or potions. Harpies are immune to the powers of witches.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Her name was not revealed in Charmed.
- Despoina means mistress in ancient Greek.