Darklighters are immortal evil beings that serve as the evil counterpart and enemy to Whitelighters. Darklighters seek to inflict chaos, pain and death upon the forces of good by killing Whitelighters and future whitelighters. They possess a special poison which is deadly to Whitelighters. Their preferred method of killing is using their trademark crossbow, which they can summon to their hand at will.
There are various kinds and breeds of Darklighters. Not much is known about their origin or hierarchy, as they prefer to work alone or are hired by demons.
Types of DarklightersEdit
The 'standard' type of Darklighter, whose main motivation is to kill Whitelighters to make their witches vulnerable, as well as kill future Whitelighters to prevent them from achieving their destiny. Some of these Darklighters are also assigned to impregnate mortal women to spread evil across the world.
Spirit Killers are a special type of Darklighter that spread misery. Their main motivation is to curse future Whitelighters and bring them bad luck, escalating into a depression. These Darklighters can place suggestions in their victims' minds, eventually driving them to suicide and preventing them from achieving their destiny. Spirit Killers are considered to be the strongest type of Darklighters, though they never engage in combat themselves, as they prefer manipulation. There is no known way to vanquish them, except for being forcibly reincarnated by the Elders, which is known as recycling.
Tracker Darklighters hunt down Whitelighters that are about to 'lose their wings', which makes them more vulnerable. These Darklighters are more independent and powerful than others and can be identified by a tribal tattoo on their faces. Trackers are more powerful than their counterparts and possess super strength. Their arrows are dipped in a more deadly poison that leaves Whitelighters weakened for a time even after they have been healed.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Black Orbing: The ability to teleport through the use of black orbs.
- Apportation: The ability to teleport objects or living beings from one location to another.
- Sensing: The ability to determine the location and status of other beings by concentrating on them.
- Super Strength: The ability to possess physical strength beyond humanly possible.
- Touch of Death: The ability to kill or vanquish other beings with a touch. Only a few Darklighters possess this power.
- Immortality: The ability to possess a possibly infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.