Darklighter; Spirit Killer
To drive good people into suicide
- "Ah yes, Empaths are always a bit tricky in my line of work. You always have the annoying habit of trying to help potential targets with your touchy feely power. However, I must admit you are the first that actually gave me trouble."
- —Bryce to Prue.
Bryce is a Spirit Killer, a special type of Darklighter that spreads misery. His goal is to curse future Whitelighters and paragons of good to drive them into a depression and finally to suicide in order to prevent them from achieving their destiny.
Bryce targeted a mortal named Jordan Miller, a dedicated volunteer at the children's hospital, in an attempt to drive him to suicide. However, he was stopped by Prue Halliwell, who became aware of his presence through her Empathy and caused him to retreat.
Bryce later tracked Prue to the Halliwell manor, annoyed with the fact that she had interfered, causing him to fail at an assignment for the first time in the centuries that he had been active. As part of his revenge, he then kidnapped Payton Halliwell while she was at school. Bryce then contacted Prue and informed her that he was only interested in getting revenge on her, as she had interfered with his work and damaged his pride. They then agreed on an exchange.
Prue and her sister Penny, along with their new Whitelighter Noah, went to meet Bryce in a mausoleum and planned to set a trap to have him recycled by the Elders. However, Bryce saw them coming and attacked Noah, reading his mind and figuring out his secrets. He then faced Prue, who tried to vanquish him. Bryce then used his suggestive powers to torment Prue until Penny arrived and snapped her out of it. The sisters then used a spell on Bryce to banish him to the Astral Plane. Before he left, Bryce warned the sisters he would be back and also revealed to them that they should not trust Noah.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Black Orbing: The ability to teleport through the use of black orbs.
- Telepathy: The ability to read and manipulate the minds of other beings and communicate mentally.
- Suggestion: The ability to plant feelings, thoughts and ideas into the mind of another.
- Invisibility: The ability to make oneself unseen by the naked eye.
- Technopathy: The ability to manipulate all forms of technology. Bryce tracked a cell phone signal by concentrating on it and was able to observe a cemetery by gaining access to the security cameras.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm. Bryce cannot be easily vanquished and could only be destroyed if the Elders forcefully reincarnated him.
- Immortality: The ability to possess a possibly infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.