To his father
Bryant grew up in a very poor home, dealing with a step-father who was physically abusive to his mother and Bryant himself. He remained to support his mother and took several beatings so that she wouldn't have to.
Bryant played on his high school football team and had a chance to be scouted, though his team lost the match and the scout left. Due to his anger, Bryant then manifested his powers for the first time and caused a small earthquake. When he returned home, his mother and step-father were fighting once again. When his step-father hit him, Bryant finally had enough and killed him with his magic. He believed his mother would be grateful, though she viewed him as a monster and he ran away. He was then confronted by Ambrose, who revealed that he had been waiting for him.
Working for his Father Edit
Bryant was tasked with following the expedition to Shangri-La by his father. He failed and lost them, though his father told him to wait for the Chosen, as they would try to find Arthur the moment they realized he was missing.
Bryant waited for Billie and Violet to arrive and pretended to be the assistant of Professor Whitney. Once they reached the temple in the valley, Bryant betrayed them. He then located and retrieved the Staff of Magnus. When he delivered the staff to his father, Ambrose vanquished the Tribunal and told Bryant it was time to gather his siblings.
Under orders of his father, Bryant sought out Arthur and offered him the answers he was looking for. Arthur agreed and went with him to meet Ambrose. When Arthur did not agree with Ambrose, his memories were suppressed and Bryant returned him to Magic School. He also seemed somewhat jealous toward his new brother.
Seeking to make his children immortal like him, Ambrose sent Bryant and Harper to capture merpeople, so they could use Auger Shells to steal their immortality. As they hunted the merpeople, Harper taunted Bryant about his jealousy toward Arthur and his desperation for his father's approval.
During the confrontion on Atlantis with the Chosen, Ambrose told Bryant to get the shells and Billie chased him. They fought and Bryant nearly crushed Billie with a statue, though Nick punched Bryant, allowing Billie to avoid the statue. Billie mocked Bryant about his daddy issues and destroyed the shells. Bryant then swore they would pay and escaped.
Feeling he failed, Bryant apologized to his father, though Ambrose replied that he still had a chance to prove himself. Bryant was jealous when Ambrose comforted Harper after she lost her powers, though Ambrose explained that he was extra hard on Bryant because he expected more from him. Bryant once again became determined to make his father proud and to make the ones who humiliated him suffer.
While training at the gym, Bryant discovered he had gained a new power. Shortly after Ramsey, he confided his fears about Harper, but he was not overly worried about it, as soon after he made fun of his half-sister, telling her that with or without powers she was useless.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Spiralization: The ability to teleport through swirling blue spirals.
- Geokinesis: The ability to manipulate the earth itself. Bryant can control rocks and sand, generate tremors and open chasms. He can cause rocks to shatter and reassemble or be reduced to dust completely.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Bryant growing up in poor and abusive conditions have made him determined to never go back there, which is part of the reason he is so determined to gain his father's approval. He also struggles with anger issues because of this.
- Ambrose and his children all have the letters A and R in their names.
- Excluding Arthur, all of Ambrose's children have an elemental ability. Bryant can control the earth, Harper can control lightning and Ramsey can control water.