To his father
Bryant was tasked with following the expedition to Shangri-La by his father, Ambrose. He failed and lost them, though his father told him to wait for the Chosen, as they would try to find Arthur the moment they realized he was missing.
Bryant waited for Billie and Violet to arrive and pretended to be the assistant of Professor Whitney. Once they reached the temple in the valley, Bryant betrayed them. He then located and retrieved the Staff of Magnus. When he delivered the staff to his father, Ambrose vanquished the Tribunal and told Bryant it was time to gather his siblings.
Under orders of his father, Bryant sought out Arthur and offered him the answers he was looking for. Arthur agreed and went with him to meet Ambrose. When Arthur did not agree with Ambrose, his memories were suppressed and Bryant returned him to Magic School. He also seemed somewhat jealous toward his new brother.
Seeking to make his children immortal like him, Ambrose sent Bryant and Harper to capture merpeople, so they could use Auger Shells to steal their immortality. As they hunted the merpeople, Harper taunted Bryant about his jealousy toward Arthur and his desperation for his father's approval.
During the confrontion on Atlantis with the Chosen, Ambrose told Bryant to get the shells and Billie chased him. They fought and Bryant nearly crushed Billie with a statue, though Nick punched Bryant, allowing Billie to avoid the statue. Billie mocked Bryant about his daddy issues and destroyed the shells. Bryant then swore they would pay and escaped.
Feeling he failed, Bryant apologized to his father, though Ambrose replied that he still had a chance to prove himself. Bryant was jealous when Ambrose comforted Harper after she lost her powers, though Ambrose explained that he was extra hard on Bryant because he expected more from him. Bryant once again became determined to make his father proud and to make the ones who humiliated him suffer.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Spiralization: The ability to teleport through swirling blue spirals.
- Geokinesis: The ability to manipulate the earth itself. Bryant can control rocks and sand, generate tremors and open chasms. He can cause rocks to shatter and reassemble or be reduced to dust completely.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- It is implied that Bryant came from a very poor home, as Harper remarked that he came from a "dump" and Bryant was determined to never go back there. This could also explain why he is so determined to gain his father's approval.