Ambrose, also known by his full name Ambrosius and his alias Alaric Brewman, is a powerful Wizard. He is determined to bring the Wizard race back to its former glory and reclaim the world in their name. To accomplish this goal, he fathered several children with mortal women, including Arthur Cobbs, Bryant Hughes, Harper and Ramsey Tate.
Ambrose sent his son Bryant Hughes to follow the expedition led by Professor Whitney, in the hope that he would retrieve the Staff of Magnus from Shangri-La. When he succeeded and delivered the staff, Ambrose used it to confront and vanquish the Tribunal, as they stood in the way of his plans.
Some time later, Ambrose sent Bryant to meet Arthur and offer him the answers he had been looking for. When Arthur agreed, Ambrose revealed that he was his father. He went on to explain that he wanted to restore the glory of the Wizards. However, Arthur did not agree with his methods and attempted to leave. Ambrose then suppressed his memories of the meeting and told his other children to proceed as planned.
Ambrose sent Bryant and Harper to collect Merpeople, hoping to use Auger Shells to transfer their immortality to his children. In order to find the mermaids, the wizards worked with a Sea Hag. At the same time, Ambrose took his yacht to the Atlantic Ocean and used the Staff of Magnus to surface the lost city of Atlantis, as that was where the shells were hidden. Before entering the island, he placed a mysterious call to another one of his children.
Meanwhile, a merman named Ridley asked the Chosen for help when his love was abducted. They learned that Ambrose planned to obtain immortality for his children and set out to Atlantis. At the same time, Violet cast a spell on Arthur, undoing the mind manipulation that Ambrose used on him. When Arthur confronted his father, Ambrose chose to retreat instead of hurting his son, as he still hoped that Arthur would join him.
In his attempt to make wizards the dominant species again, Ambrose arranged for his son Ramsey Tate to work on the magical virus created by the government. Ramsey infiltrated the mayor's team of scientists and perfected the virus while making those with wizard DNA immune to it. When the Chosen arrived to destroy the virus, Ramsey escaped with it and brought it to his father. While Ramsey believed that the virus was only a threat, Ambrose intended to use it to wipe all other magical beings if necessary.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Spiralization: The ability to teleport through swirling blue spirals.
- Illusion Casting: The ability to cast illusions, affecting all senses but touch. Ambrose is a master at casting illusions, and it able to perceive and negate the illusions of others. Additionally, he can glamour into other people or make himself invisible.
- Mind Manipulation: The ability to manipulate the minds of other beings, erase and alter memories and put others to sleep instantly.
- Molecular Dispersion: The ability to utterly destroy targets by tearing them apart on a molecular level.
- Animation: The ability to bring inanimate obejects to life. Ambrose has animated several statues at his mansion, which serve as guards.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
- Immortality: The ability to possess a possibly infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.